Planning the ultimate bridal party? Whether you’re the maid of honor, the mother of the bride, or the friendly members, there’s a lot to decide. From traditional all female showers to co-ed non-confirmist showers, there are decorations, snacks, and RSVP’s.
Here’s the short list of must pick and plan:
To start, meet with all the other bridesmaids and anyone else who’s helping to plan or host the party to discuss the basics:
- Where is the venue going to be?
- What’s your theme? Same as the wedding, similar, or completely different?
- How many guests are on the list, is it co-ed, all women, or just the husbands?
- What kind of menu are you looking at?
Once you have all this decided, you can start to pick your decorations and bridal party supplies:
- Pick your invites
- Tablecloths, chair covers, chair sashes.
- Flower centerpieces
- Bridal shower favors
- For a formal party, place settings, place cards, etc.
Don’t forget the big chair for the bride to be. Decorate the bride’s seat extra special with a chair cover and chair sash in her wedding colors to set it above the rest for a traditional wedding. She needs a special place to open her presents after all! Then, once the RSVP’s start rolling in, time to start ordering everything else, like seating placements and catering.
When are you planning your bridal party for? Any tips or steps that we’ve missed? Let us know in the comments! Next week we’ll go over the things to remember once you have your RSVP’s!