Once you have selected the perfect tablecloths for your wedding, event or just everyday use, the next step is how to best store them before you use them again. It’s important to properly care for your tablecloths, even when deciding storage options, so that they can be used for many more events in the future, even passed on through generations. We have some helpful tips on how to properly store your tablecloths and other linens.
- Always dry clean or wash your linens before storing. Some stains may not be visible to the eye, but can still attract various types of bugs, even mildew. However, after washing, take extra care to be sure that all the detergent is rinsed from the linens or tablecloths, as it could possibly cause the item to deteriorate while it’s being stored.
- Make sure your item is completely dry before storing, as moisture can cause mildew to occur while it is being stored.
- Store your tablecloths and linens somewhere that is cool, dry and well ventilated.
- It is also suggested to store your linens wrapped between acid-free tissue paper. Do not use normal tissue paper as it can cause the items to yellow over time. Wooden shelves, cardboard boxes and plastic bags can also cause yellowing, so avoid those as well.
- The best method however, is to store your linens hanging on padded hangers. This will keep any wrinkles and creases from forming and should allow the items to breathe, given there is enough room between each hanging item. Avoid metal hangers as they can leave rust marks.
- It’s also a good idea to keep your tablecloths and linens neatly organized so you can easily find what you need each and every time and aren’t left wrinkling or refolding all your linens every time you need to find the correct tablecloth.
We hope these tips are helpful and will help you to keep your tablecloths and linens looking new for many more events and years to come!
What tips do you have for properly storing tablecloths?